Tom Llamas signs off from ABC News amid reports he’s heading to NBC – Deadline

Tom Llamas signed to ABC News on Sunday, after being the weekend anchor for News from the world tonight, amid reports that it will land on NBC News.

“This will be my last show on ABC News,” Llamas said on Sunday’s show. “So first, thank you. Over the years, it has been a pleasure to spend the weekends together.

“It has been an honor to work here. I am the son of immigrants, and because of that, I never took for granted the opportunity or the responsibility to sit at this desk and bring you the truth, ”he said.

Last week, the New York Post and Variety reported that Llamas was heading to NBC News, but no decision was announced. The Llamas network and representatives did not comment, but Llamas said at the end of the show that “the American dream comes in many forms, and there is a big family in Miami, Florida who will tell you that this is one of them, and this dream will continue.

Llamas, who was the chief national affairs correspondent for ABC News, joined ABC News in 2014 and has since become the Sunday presenter of News from the world tonight and later anchor of the two weekend editions. Among other assignments, he interviewed Donald Trump and Melania Trump, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.Before joining the network, he was an investigative journalist and presenter at WNBC-TV in New York as well as a correspondent for NBC News.

An ABC News spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment on who would succeed Llamas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: