Seth Rogen has revealed in a new Sunday Times interview the status of his relationship with his frequent collaborator James Franco. Rogen has remained a mom until now when it comes to her Disaster artist co-star after allegations of sexual misconduct against Franco came to light.
In 2018, five women accused the Oscar-nominated actor of sexual misconduct, which Franco has repeatedly denied. Earlier this year in February, Franco settled lawsuits with two of his accusers, former students of his now-closed film and theater school Studio 4.
When asked if Rogen believed the allegations, the actor said, “What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment and would never cover up or hide anyone’s actions. one who does, or would knowingly put someone in a situation where they were with someone. like that.”
Franco has slowed down his work and has escaped public scrutiny since the charges went public. He has since appeared in HBO’s The Deuce, Polar squad and Kill the Tsar.
Rogen was left ambiguous about future plans with Franco in the interview. The couple have filmed a stupendous amount of comedy together, including Freaks and Geeks, Pineapple Express, Sausage festival and more.
“I don’t know if I can define that right now in this interview. I can say it changed a lot of things in our relationship and our dynamic, ”Rogen said in the interview.
When asked if the current situation between the two actors was tense, Rogen turned away and offered his sympathy for the victims present.
“Yes. But not as painful and difficult as a lot of other people involved. I have no mercy on myself in this situation,” Rogen said.