There are tons of scripts, guides, and templates out there – but how important are they?
Talking to a leading writer about writing is a treat in itself. Listen as Robert McKee shares all of his thoughts on what makes a screenplay and a screenwriter great.
In this episode we talk about …
- Guest Robert McKee, his background in theater and novels, and the role his books have played in the world of screenwriting.
- What makes writing exciting.
- Whether or not there are “rules” for good screenwriting.
- The principles and forms of writing.
- The Influence of Aristotle on Writing Today.
- What is really a scene, act, movement, season, etc.
- Discussions about good character development and important principles for the relationship between character and story.
- The difference between revelation and change, and how the audience’s perception of a character changes over the course of the plot, rather than the character itself changing.
- McKee’s new book on the art of action writing, coming soon.
- Why, frankly, an amateur to need advice at a good starting point in creating your characterization.