How do I delete GoPro videos? Since the camera records breathtaking videos in 4K quality, the memory of the SD card often becomes full. The most convenient way to make room for new videos is to delete the older videos that you no longer need. This post will teach you how to delete the videos in different ways.
Delete all videos from GoPro directly
Do you want to delete all videos or photos from the GoPro device at once? Well, you can do this easily. If you want to get rid of the old content quickly, this is your best option. That’s how it’s done:
- Turn on your camera. Make sure there is enough charge for a while.
- Then swipe down from the display navigation and select “Preset”.
- Go to the bottom of the page. Click the Reset option (last on the list).
- You will be asked, “Erase all files and reformat your SD card?”
- Confirm the operation by clicking on the format or by deleting it.
Once you click the button, everything will be removed from the GoPro. The action is irreversible and you will not be able to get the footage back after deleting it. You can delete the data from the GoPro models Hero5, Hero6, Hero7, Hero8.
Use a PC to delete the footage from GoPro
If your GoPro models don’t include formatting options, you’ll need to connect the device to your PC. That’s how it’s done:
- Take the SD card out of the GoPro and connect it to your PC. Use the card reader for this.
- Then find the file manager and click on “This PC”. There you will find the SD card listed.
- Right click on the name of the SD card. Now select “Format” there. Confirm the action.
The SD card will be formatted and all data will be removed. Be careful before doing this as the process is irreversible. If you want to make a backup of the files, you must do so before formatting.
You can also delete selected items by the method. The following has to be done:
- Connect the SD card to your PC using a card reader.
- Go to the “This PC” option in the file manager.
- Now open the drive or SD card by clicking on the name.
- Then open the DCIM folder in the SD card folder.
- Now select the file in which you want to delete the preferred files.
- You can also select multiple files and delete them at the same time.
How to Delete GoPro Videos from GoPro App
Are you using the GoPro app? In this case, you can also use it to delete the photos and videos. It’s another convenient way to delete all of your footage from GoPro at once. That’s how it’s done:
- Start the GoPro app from your smartphone.
- Open the settings by clicking the wrench icon in the app.
- Go to the bottom of the settings page to find the delete option.
- Click “Erase All Files From SD Card” to clean up the SD card.
You can also delete the favorite files and keep the others with the GoPro app. That’s how it’s done:
- Launch the GoPro app, then click the wrench icon to open the settings.
- Now you can delete the last file option to remove individual files from the SD card.
- Now view the media that you want to delete from the GoPro and click Select Item.
- Then select the file you want to delete and press the trash can to remove it.
That’s it; The file is removed from memory.
As explained above, there are several ways to remove the videos and pictures from the GoPro. Most of the above methods will permanently delete the files. If you want to check the file later, make sure to save it on your PC or phone before deleting it.