Would you like to show off the adventurous footage you shot on the GoPro? There are several ways to do this. However, if you want to see the recordings with the family on a big screen, the TV is the best option.
How do you connect a GoPro to a TV? There are several ways to do this. Read on to find out the easiest way to enjoy GoPro’s media on your TV.
Connect the GoPro to the TV using an HDMI cable
The most convenient way to connect a GoPro to a TV is with HDMI cables. Most popular TVs these days have an HDMI port that you can use to connect to other devices. That’s how it’s done:
- Put the GoPro into playback mode using the buttons on the device. Then use a micro HDMI cable or an HDMI adapter to connect the TV to the GoPro camera.
- Now plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV. Now turn on the television. Do the same for the GoPro.
- In general, there are several input modes on TV. You need to select the correct HDMI input to preview.
- Use the remote control or turn on the TV to select the correct HDMI input. Once you do, you will see the camera preview feed on the TV.
- You can now use the navigation buttons on the GoPro to play the media. You should be able to preview both the videos and photos on the TV.
Which GoPro cameras support HDMI?
All GoPro models with micro HDMI output support HDMI connectivity. Supported models include all expected versions of the Hero Black series (Hero 8 Black). The Hero 8 Black model does not have a mini HDMI output. Hence, you need to buy a media mod to connect it to the TV using the HDMI method.
Connect the GoPro to the TV using a USB cable
Another easy way to connect your GoPro to a TV is with a USB cable. You need a PC and a USB 3.0 flash drive. The following has to be done:
- First, connect your GoPro to a computer to copy the footage. You can use a normal USB cable for this.
- Now insert the USB drive into the PC and copy the footage onto the drive. Disconnect the drive and connect it to your TV.
- That’s it; Now you can find the videos and photos from the GoPro on the TV and view them directly.
If you want to watch the 4K footage, you will need to use a USB 3.0 flash drive. The typical USB 2.0 may not be able to play high definition content smoothly.
You can also do this with a USB adapter. Simply remove the memory card from the GoPro and place it on the adapter. Then connect the adapter to your TV to view the footage.
Watch GoPro Media on TV wirelessly
If you don’t want to go through the problems of the cables, the wireless method is the best option. It is possible to view content from the GoPro wirelessly through screen mirroring. To do this, you need a smart TV. That’s how it’s done:
- Upload the files from GoPro to a PC. You can use a USB cable to do this.
- Then activate the options “Network discovery” and “File and printer sharing” on the PC.
- Now right click on the video or photo file and then click on “Cast”.
- Select the TV you want to name to cast the media on the TV.
The good thing is that you can use this method for all GoPro models. This is because you don’t have to connect the camera directly with this method. However, your computer must support casting. You can also use a smartphone instead of a PC to cast the media with “Chromecast” or “Apple AirPlay”.
Watch GoPro Media on TV using an RCA cable
If you’re using a classic TV, it may not come with the HDMI port. You can use the cinch or composite cable to watch the media. The cinch cables have three end cables. You must connect the cables to the cinch connectors of the same color on the television. Then connect the GoPro to preview the media.
If you don’t have a cinch cable yet, you can buy one from technical hardware stores or online shops. Note that the newer models do not support this method. It is only suitable for aged GoPro models like Hero4, Hero3, Hero3 + etc.
Now you know some of the best options to connect the GoPro to the TV. We’re pretty sure you can find a suitable option here to enjoy the stunning GoPro footage with your friends and family.