Do you want to enjoy the stunning footage you captured on HDTV? Well there are several easy ways to do this. This post will show you how to connect a GoPro for HDTV in three different ways. Go through each method to find the most suitable option for you.
Watch GoPro on HDTV with an HDMI cable
Nowadays almost all HDTV or Smart TVs arrive with HDMI connections. You can use the newer versions of the GoPro to connect to HDTV using the HDMI port. That’s how it’s done:
- Turn on the GoPro and put it in PlayBack mode. Then plug the HDMI cable into the port on the TV. Then connect the other end to the GoPro using a micro HDMI cable or an HDMI adapter.
- Turn on the TV. Then you need to change the HDMI input channel on the TV. Use the TV remote control to change it.
- Once you’ve switched the TV to the correct HDMI input channel, you should see the preview on the GoPro. You can use the navigation buttons on the GoPro to play the media.
The good thing is that GoPro allows you to watch both videos and pictures on TV through an HDMI cable. We recommend that you use this procedure as it provides a smooth user experience. However, you may not be able to use this method on all GoPro models. Some of the supported models include Hero Black 4 through Hero 8 Black (all versions in between).
Watch GoPro on HDTV with a USB drive
Most HDTVs have at least one USB port. You can use the USB drive to watch the media on the TV. Find out how to do it.
- First, connect the GoPro to a computer using the USB cable. Then connect a USB drive (USB 3.0 is better) to your PC.
- Now copy the materials to the USB drive and remove them from the PC.
- Connect the USB drive to the TV using the USB port. Now the media will be loaded onto the TV for you to enjoy.
It is better if you use a USB 3.0 flash drive for a smoother experience. The USB 2.0 drive may load the footage, but it is not as fluid.
If you have a USB adapter, you can do this work without a computer. Remove the memory card from the GoPro and insert it into the USB adapter. Now connect the USB adapter to the television. That’s it; You can now enjoy all of the footage from the television.
Watch GoPro wirelessly on HDTV
Would you like to enjoy the GoPro footage wirelessly on HDTV? You can do this through device casting. Here is the easiest way to do this:
- Transfer the footage from the GoPro to your computer using the USB cable.
- Then activate the options “File and printer sharing” and “Network discovery” on your PC.
- Now open the folder where you saved the file and right click on the footage file.
- Then click on “Cast” in the floating options menu.
- Then select the device or TV that you want to cast the media on.
You can also transfer the footage using third-party apps. It is also possible to transfer photos from smartphones with Android Chromecast or Apple AirPlay apps. To do this, you need to copy the media to the smartphone.
These are some of the best options available for connecting a GoPro to the HDTV. If you know of methods other than these, please let us know through a comment.