Firestick is a great way to stream movies and videos from different platforms. The small device can turn your regular TV into a smart TV that you can watch on-demand broadcasts on. Compared to traditional TVs, Firestick TV lets you watch movies from a variety of sources. For example, you can use streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
How do you record from the Firestick to a DVD recorder? You may want to record your favorite show on the Firestick. Well it is possible through a simple guide. Read on to find out the best way to capture media from Firestick to DVD recorder.
How to record from the Firestick to a DVD recorder
Before we start, it’s a good idea to gather the equipment necessary for the job. Here are the things you will need:
- DVD recorder
- Video cable
- Writable and blank DVD disc
- USB cable
- remote control
- Capture card
- HDMI splitter
- TV monitor
Implement the following step-by-step parameter to record media from Firestick to DVD:
- Turn on all of these devices by connecting them to the power source along with the Firestick and the DVD.
- Now establish a connection between the DVD recorder and the television. If you want to connect the devices by cable, you need a composite cable, including S-video and cinch audio cable.
- Now you need to connect the component video cable and the cinch audio cable to the inputs of the TV and DVD output.
- After completing the procedure, make sure it is working properly. If everything is fine, you should be able to view and record the TV screen from the DVD.
- Now select the appropriate input for the rear input, which is usually between L1 and L3. And use the L2 input as the front input for the DVD recorder. You should now be able to set the appropriate input for recording.
- Select channel 3 or 4 in the DVD recorder and set it for recording with a DTV converter. You can also use the setup box for this. You should now be able to put your favorite movies or series on the DVD.
You should be able to contain most of the media on the DVD this way. However, the process may not work when you try to record protected content.
Can I record movies or TV shows directly on Firestick?
The answer is yes; You can easily record shows or movies on the Firestick without any additional tools. It can be an excellent alternative to the hassle of recording to DVD. Here’s how you can do this:
- Connect the Firestick to the TV and turn on the devices.
- Turn on the TV and select the correct input for the Firestick.
- Press and hold the menu button on the remote control for a while to open the recording.
- Scroll down and you should find the record option.
- If you activate “Record”, you can record your favorite content.
That way, you should be able to record the movies or TV shows in the Firestick’s memory. However, the memory is very limited (less than 8 GB). Therefore, you may not be able to save multiple recordings.
There is another way to record the movies on the Firestick via Alexa. The Firestick supports voice commands, and if your remote supports voice control, you can use it to record. Just say “Alexa, record the (show name)” to start recording, and “Alexa, record the (show name).” You can even delete the record using voice control by saying: “Alexa, delete the (show name).”