Firestick is one of the best ways to enjoy on-demand movies and TV series. It’s a compact media device that connects to your TV and allows you to stream movies or videos online. Usually, you can buy shows from Amazon to watch on Firestick. However, this may not be the preferred option as you cannot afford to pay for the subscription.
Fortunately, you can add third-party applications to the Firestick to stream free content. To do this, you need to set up an Amazon account with a credit card to download the app. However, you can do this without a credit card. In this guide, we are going to show you how to download apps on Firestick without a credit card.
Create an Amazon account
First, you need to create an Amazon account to use the Firestick. We won’t be doing this through the Firestick interface, however. We’ll be signing into Amazon using the PC / mobile browser to bypass credit card requirements. To create an account on Amazon:
- Go to Amazon.com from your PC or mobile phone. Then click on the “Account and List” option. Under the tab you will see various options.
- If you don’t have an Amazon ID yet, click “Start Here”. Enter authentic information, including phone number and email address, to create the account. Remember or write down the password you use to log in.
- Now you have to authenticate the registration by e-mail confirmation. Check your email and click the link from Amazon to check. After successful confirmation, you will be logged in to the ID.
- After that, click on the “Account and Lists” option and go to the “Your Account” option. From there, find the option “Your address”, enter your address and save it.
That’s it; You have just taken the first step.
Setting up the Firestick
Now connect the Firestick to the television and the socket according to the operating instructions. After turning on the device, you will be taken to the setup screen. There you will be asked to open a new account or log into the previous one. All you have to do is log into the account you just created. Note that it shouldn’t be your personal account that you use to buy things.
After logging in with credentials, you will be taken to the Firestick TV home page. There you will be asked to provide credit card information. Skip the option and follow the next steps.
Install the Kodi app
We will be using the Kodi streaming application to watch free content through the Amazon Firestick. In case you didn’t know, Kodi is an open source and popular media streaming application. It is optimized for televisions so that the user can easily use it for a comfortable viewing experience. The Kodi app allows you to watch a wide variety of titles for free.
We recommend the Kodi app as it’s one of the best of its kind with a sleek user interface and high quality advanced features. It also supports addons that allow you to stream movies and shows from various sources over the internet. Follow the instructions below to integrate the Kodi app with your Firestick:
- Start by enabling the unknown source on the Firestick. Here’s how: Open Settings, go to the My Fire TV tab and select the Developer option. Then turn on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option.
- Then go back to Settings and go to Settings. Then open the privacy settings from there and disable the device usage data. Also turn off usage data for collecting apps.
- Now you need to download a downloader app from the App Store. Just open the shop and search for “Downloader”.
- Complete the download and start the downloader. There you will find a URL field that starts with HTTP: //. Enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk and press go.
- Kodi Leia 18.9 will begin downloading and will take a while. When you’re done, click Install and wait for the installation.
- The installed app will be displayed when the process is complete. Click Open to launch the Kodi app. That’s it; You have successfully downloaded the Kodi app.
The Kodi app is not listed on the homepage. So you need to access it through the apps. Press and hold the Home button for five seconds, and then you’ll be able to access it through apps.
Deactivate the Amazon account
You’re just one step away from getting the free shows. You need to log out of the Amazon app for security reasons. That’s how it’s done:
- Open Settings by pressing and holding the Home button and accessing the “My Account” option.
- Below you will find the Amazon account. Press Sign Out. That’s it; you’re done.
How do I use Kodi app safely on Firestick?
Accessing copyrighted movies or videos through the Kodi app is not secure. In some countries, copyright law is quite strict and you can even be fined for copyright infringement. Hence, it is a wise decision to use a VPN for a secure streaming experience.
We hope that with the above description you can download apps and enjoy free titles on Firestick without a credit card.