Nowadays people prefer online streaming services instead of the cable box. The streaming services are affordable and you can even watch some titles for free. Also, you can now use a traditional TV by using a Fire Stick to watch on-demand TV shows and movies. The Fire Stick offers you excellent flexibility compared to normal television.
Typically, you’ll need to purchase the Fire Stick with Amazon credentials. After the recent data breach incidents, you may want to buy a Fire Stick without an Amazon account. If your question is, “Can I use a Fire Stick without an Amazon account?” then go through the article.
In today’s guide, we’ll tell you how to use a Fire Stick without an Amazon account.
How to use Fire Stick without an Amazon account
Well, there are several different tricks you can implement to use Fire Stick without an Amazon account. The first thing you can do is buy the Fire Stick an alternative way. The device must be purchased from Amazon as part of the regular process and contains your login information. You can try buying the Fire Stick on craigslist, eBay, or other websites.
You don’t need to give Amazon Proof of Entitlement while purchasing the Fire Stick this way. You can also use your second Amazon account when purchasing the Fire Stick. Do not worry; You can sign out the second account after purchasing it. If you don’t have a second account yet, you’ll need to register first. That’s how it’s done:
- Open amazon.com from your PC / smartphone browser.
- Then click on “Account and List” in the upper right corner.
- Then select “Create Account” there.
- Enter the information such as name, email address and password for more information.
- Now Amazon will send a link to verify the account. Do it.
Now connect the Fire Stick to the TV and turn on both devices. A login or registration setup screen appears on the TV. Click Sign In and enter the account credentials you created some time ago. That’s it; You will be redirected to the homepage. Now you need to download a third party app to access content (like Kodi). Then deregister the account to get rid of Amazon.
To sign out of an Amazon account:
- Press the Home button on the Fire Stick remote control. This will open the account option.
- Now find the Amazon account under the Account option.
- Press Sign out and confirm the action.
Follow the steps to be signed out of Amazon. Make sure to download and set up Kodi before signing out the Amazon ID. Follow the instructions below to install the Kodi app.
How to download the Kodi app
The Kodi app is an open source app. For copyright reasons, there is no content in the official version of the app. You need to download a modified version of the app to access the content. If you don’t know how to set up Kodi, follow these steps:
- Click the Home button to open Settings, then open My Fire TV. There you will find the developer option. From there, turn on the apps from unknown source.
- Now go to the settings in the settings. Then deactivate “Device usage data” and “Collect app usage data”.
- Now open the App Store on the Fire Stick and search for “Downloader”. Once you have completed the downloader, launch the app.
- Now start the downloader, enter the address in the text field and press Enter:
- The Kodi app will begin downloading. When done, you can launch the app to watch movies and TV shows.
Note that you cannot find the Kodi app on the homepage. How to find the app: Press the Home button to open the apps. You can find the Kodi app under Apps.
The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the best ways to enjoy movies and TV shows whenever and wherever you want. We hope the above guide helps you download and enjoy the app without integrating an Amazon account.