Blackmagic has released a firmware update that improves this Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro models.
Good news for Pocket camera User! Blackmagic Design has released a new firmware update in Camera setup 7.3 this improves all three models in different ways. Most notably, the 4K and 6K models receive 5th generation color science. Gen 5 was introduced along with the URSA Mini Pro 12K, and filmmakers across the board have been impressed with the color profile over Gen 4 Pocket camera 4K and 6K users can take advantage of future color science.
Other updates include an improved RGB histogram, false color display, and color channel clipping displays that will be of great help in the field. You can check the list of updates below.
Pocket camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro
- Updates the luminance histogram to the RGB histogram
- Adds color channel clipping indicators
- Adds a false color guide display
- Adds the calibration setting for the LCD screen
- Improves autofocus and active lens control
- Improves the visibility of focus peaks
- Fixes a problem with importing LUTs and presets
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K
- Adds support for 5th generation color science
- Adds support for dimming the LCD screen to save energy
- Adds Blackmagic RAW capture options for Q1 and Q3
Visit Blackmagic Design Support to download Camera Setup 7.3 page.